Saturday 27 November 2010

I've been to Nam

I went away with my dear friend and housemate Spooner (we don't call him by his first name, with a second name like that...need I say more) for the summer well at least 6 weeks of it although with planning it, sorting my life and the aftermath it felt like a lot longer. All in a good way of course.
The 3 images I'm putting up here are from the longest trip of my life a 30 hour bus journey, with a few more attached to it totaling some where up in the region of the that many hours. Being 6.2 and of stocky build on a bus that had no air conditioning and with seats designed for midgets, the poor Asian guy sat next to me was rather pushed for space after I sat by the window. However his choice to play Celine Dion from his phone did lighten the mood after the first 24hrs in comparison to me watching Platoon on my Ipod which I felt was fitting to the whole situation. The trip was from Vang Vieng, Laos to Hanoi, Vietnam via Vientiane, Laos. (in other words the long way round as the other road was unusable) On approaching Hanoi in the last few hours of our journey I felt the urge to take my camera out, this being a small selection of a few shots I took, enjoy..



No comments:

Post a Comment