Thursday 21 January 2010

Butterfly Catchers

I've recently had an idea of doing a project on butterfly catching and the whole idea about cataloguing specimens the whole creatures in glass jars and medical experimentation. Only problem at the moment is there is no butterfly's!! so this may have to stay on ice for a while until then here's a couple images to give you a inkling of where I'm coming from and what my starting point is.



I found this Dragonfly nearly two years ago dead in my garden, probably struck down by one of my cats and the colours really interested me, by the time i photographed it the colours had faded a fair amount but you can still get an idea. the idea of looking at dead creatures reminds me of the work by Tamany Baker and her series "Living with Wolfie" worth looking at seeing as she won the Sony World Photography Awards 2009: Commercial: Conceptual and Constucted. I like the crazed scientist angle so may be open to some experimentation with what I may do. I don't intend to kill the creatures for this project so it could be a long project of hunting hedgerows...


No comments:

Post a Comment